Sunday 20 March 2011

Hooligan on bike, Kohler Beech, Lake Erie.

 

IMG_3977IMG_3992

I wish I could say this was delicious like my little snackies below, but I can’t. The aroma of seaweed and dead fish don’t really fit that adjective. Let’s say it was a  consequence of those little snackies…a consequence with a photogenic view.

These are just a few of my favourites I shot today on my walk on Kohler Beech.  We used to beg to go here when we were kids. I won’t show you a picture of where we went when the answer was “no”. It’s called the Grand River which is another excellent example of an unfit adjective. 

After taking these photographs I turned around and walked back to my car. As I was walking down the road, minding my own business, thinking of how much of an accomplishment it was to go on a 3 km walk, a little girl on a bike rode up and asked me how long I had been running for. Naturally I began panting and induced sweating to show as if I had just finished a marathon.

“I’m just out for a walk today sweetie” I  replied with a smile. “How long have you been riding your bike for?” I asked. Naturally, the little girl replied

“Oh, at least two hours.” And so it became a competition, which also naturally,I won.

“Well I rode my bike for three hours yesterday, maybe one day when you are big and strong like me you can ride that long too!”

Yah, I said that… to myself as I walked away. Was it true? Not so much. Will it be true? Not so much as yesterday has already passed. But, the next posting, I may have a bike, that I may have ridden for perhaps 3 hours.

It was a good walk. It was a great walk. It will be an amazing walk when walking it with my future husband telling him of this very incident. Hopefully that will be after I can endure riding a bike for a minimum of 2 hours so it’s not so terribly embarrassing.

Hooligan! I could have lied too, I could have said I had been running for days…

IMG_4006IMG_4011

No comments:

Post a Comment